Lake Partwitz is situated at the heart of the Lusatian Lakeland, surrounded by pine forests and four other lakes. It is quickly becoming the hub of the navigable network of lakes. The Barbara Canal, a navigable connection with Lake Geierswalde, opened in 2019. The 2.5km Scado peninsula, a nature conservation area, is an eye-catching feature of the landscape here. You can practice a variety of water sports on the lake or use the loop trail around it for cycling, in-line skating or running.
A landmark of the lake since 2006 is the first floating holiday home in the Lusatian Lakeland.
Lake Partwitz was created by flooding the former Scado lignite mine, a process which was completed in 2015. Scado was a village that was abandoned in the 1960s to clear more space for the nearby Koschen open-cast mine.
Facts and figures
- Size of the lake: 1,102 ha
- Max. depth: 41 metres
Swimming, paddling, rowing, canoeing, rafting*, sailing, surfing, motor boating
*Possibility given, but no rental or tourist offer at the lake.
Water tourism use (navigability) is permitted all year round. This may only take place in the designated areas.
A swimming beach is located a little way past the riding stables in Klein Partwitz to the south-east of the Scado peninsula. The lake water currently has a pH value of around 7.2. The beach does not have any sanitary facilities and is not supervised.
Water sports providers
- Kalayaan Sail & Surf Lusatian Lakeland
- Riedel boat hire
- 1. Segelclub Partwitzer See e.V. sailing club
Harbours and marinas
A harbour is being planned. There is a jetty at the floating house northeast of the peninsula (private). Official boat launching is only possible at Lake Senftenberg and Lake Geierswalde. The nearest slipway is at the Geierswalder See water recreation area:
Harbour master at the Geierswalder See water recreation area: Tel.: 0152 - 04794534 (April - October)
- Parking available at the swimming beach and at the floating holiday home/jet ski base
Leisure facilities and activities
- Barbecue and campfire area at the landmark in Klein Partwitz south-east of the Scado peninsula
- 23km asphalt loop around the lake, suitable for cycling, in-line skating and running
- Riding stables
- Quad bike tours
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
Food and drink around Lake Partwitz
- Partwitzer Hof restaurant
Accommodation and camping at Lake Partwitz
- Camping und schwimmendes Ferienhaus über AquaTerra Lausitz
- Partwitzer Hof
- Ferienwohnung Partwitzer See
- Zimmervermittlung Haschke
For questions about the tourist offer
For questions about boat access, navigation and use of the Partwitz Lake
Diese Karte kann nicht von Google Maps geladen werden, da Sie in den Datenschutz- und Cookie-Einstellungen externen Inhalten nicht zugestimmt haben.