The blue van mounted on a plinth in the middle of the lake is undoubtedly the most striking feature of the wakeboard and waterski centre at Lake Halbendorf. A giant aqua park with water slides, climbing walls and water trampolines promises fun for all ages. But you can also sit back at the nearby restaurant or on the beach and watch the waterskiers and wakeboarders. Or maybe you would like to have a go yourself?
Lake Halbendorf boasts a wide range of activities, including stand-up paddle boarding, beach volleyball, trampolines, a playground and a fitness trail. The campsite on the northern lakeshore is ideal for families as it has a swimming beach, a giant water slide, a beach restaurant and boat hire on the premises. There is a designated nudist beach and campsite on the southern lakeshore.
The lake was created by flooding the former Trebendorfer Feld lignite mine. The mine was closed in 1969 and the lake was approved for swimming in 1982.
Facts and figures
- Size of the lake: approx. 80 ha
- Max. depth: 26 metres
Swimming, sailing, windsurfing, diving, electric boats and pedalos, waterski and wakeboard centre and aqua park
For swimmers there is a choice of sandy beaches and extensive lawns along the lake with ample space for sunbathing and trees for those who prefer a place in the shade. The northern shore is the swimming area for those who prefer to keep their swimwear on, while the southern shore has a designated beach for nudists. There is also a separate beach for visitors with dogs. Highlights for water lovers include a giant water slide on the northern shore and the aqua park (entrance fees apply), which is located next to the waterski and wakeboard centre. Access to the swimming beaches, including use of the giant water slide on the northern shore, is subject to an entrance fee when the weather is good. The bathing water quality in Lake Halbendorf has been certified as excellent (in 2017, based on EU bathing water quality standards). During the summer school holidays in the state of Saxony, the swimming beaches are supervised by lifeguards on a daily basis. Outside this period, lifeguards will be in attendance on weekends from mid-May to mid-September.
Water tourism activities are permitted between 1 April and 31 October.
Water sports providers
- Wake and Beach: 5-mast waterski and wakeboard centre; aqua park
- Stand-up paddle board hire at the waterski and wakeboard centre
- Pedalo and rowing boat hire at the campsite on the northern lakeshore
- Aqua-Team e.V. diving club
- Parking available on both swimming beaches/campsites and at the waterski and wakeboard centre (charges apply)
- Toilets, showers and changing rooms available on both beaches/campsites and at the waterski and wakeboard centre
- Wi-Fi access at the campsite on the northern shore and at the waterski and wakeboard centre
Leisure facilities and activities
- Playgrounds at both campsites and at the waterski and wakeboard centre
- Barbecues and campfires in fire bowls are permitted on the premises of the campsites only
- Miniature golf course
- Fitness trail, nature trail
- 5.6km asphalt loop around the lake, suitable for cycling and in-line skating
- Bicycles and in-line skates can be hired at the waterski and wakeboard centre
Food and drink around Lake Halbendorf
- Beach restaurant with a bowling alley
- Restaurant at the waterski and wakeboard centre
- Chinese takeaway
- Eis-Konrad ice cream van
- Ameisenschänke beer garden
- Snack bar on the nudist beach
Diese Karte kann nicht von Google Maps geladen werden, da Sie in den Datenschutz- und Cookie-Einstellungen externen Inhalten nicht zugestimmt haben.