Spremberg dam and reservoir
Dense forest, lush greenery, marshland and water shape the landscape around Spremberg reservoir. The lake, created by the only river dam in the state of Brandenburg, is a great place for enjoying peace and tranquillity in the great outdoors. The reservoir is situated in a conservation area and is a roosting place as well as a breeding and feeding ground for many bird species, including ospreys and black storks.
It is also ideal for swimming, fishing, sailing and rowing. Further sports and leisure activities such as miniature golf, table tennis, football and volleyball as well as playgrounds complement the varied tourism offering. The water festival in June is an annual highlight and features a dragon boat race as its headline attraction.
There is much to explore around the lake – on foot, on in-line skates or by bike. And if you don’t have your own on hand, you can hire a bike nearby.
Spremberg dam was constructed on the Spree river between 1958 and 1965. The water build-up behind the dam formed Spremberg reservoir. In addition to its function as a leisure destination, the lake is also used to regulate regional water supply.
Facts and figures
- Size of the lake: 960 ha
Fishing, swimming, canoeing/kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, non-motorised water sports
Water tourism activities are permitted between 1 April and 15 October.
There are two long sandy beaches that are suitable for swimming – one in Bagenz on the eastern shore, the other in Klein Döbbern on the western shore. There are separate, designated beach sections for nudists and for visitors with dogs. The lake offers various leisure facilities, including a floating platform for swimmers and jetties for swimmers and boats. The water quality of the lake is excellent. The beaches are not supervised.
Water sports providers
- Haus&Floss on the beach in Klein Döbbern offers a raft hire service and fishing tours
- Tourismus-Oase boat hire on the beach in Klein Döbbern (rowing boats, sailing boats, windsurfing gear)
- Spremberg Rot-Weiss e.V. sailing club
- Parking available (charges apply in the summer)
- Sanitary facilities are available (charges apply)
Leisure facilities and activities
- Playgrounds, barbecue and campfire areas on the lake
- Miniature golf, table tennis, football, beach volleyball, basketball, playground and bicycle hire in Klein Döbbern
- 20km loop trail around the lake, suitable for cycling and in-line skating
- Bicycles and in-line skates can be hired at Tourismus-Oase in Klein Döbbern
- Viewing tower in Klein Döbbern
- Wasserfestspiele (water festival) in Neuhausen/Spree in June with a dragon boat race and a fireworks display
Food and drink around Spremberg reservoir
- Waldhütte hotel & restaurant and Café am Nordstrand in Klein Döbbern
- Volkers Einkehr restaurant and a small shop / snack & ice cream vendor on the lake in Bagenz
Diese Karte kann nicht von Google Maps geladen werden, da Sie in den Datenschutz- und Cookie-Einstellungen externen Inhalten nicht zugestimmt haben.