Cycle route around Lake Bärwalde
Gentle hills, sparkling blue water and the power station in the background as a reference point – the route around Lake Bärwalde is around 20 kilometres long and offers good exercise with moderate effort. The fine sandy beaches are ideal for extended swimming breaks. The asphalt trail runs directly along the shoreline of Lake Bärwalde. Relax in a wicker beach chair or over one of the smoked fish snacks that are popular here and soak up the maritime atmosphere.
Distance: 21 kilometres
Start/end (recommended): Lake Bärwalde tourist information centre, Boxberg/Upper Lusatia
Parking: Boxberg shore, Klitten marina, Uhyst shore and at Merzdorf windsurfing beach (charges apply)
Terrain: The route follows the asphalt loop around the lake and is predominantly flat.
Attractions along the route
- Landscape sculpture OHR (ear) with amphitheatre on the Boxberg shore
- Klitten marina with lighthouse
- Uhyst Safari Park
Food & drink: Beach snack bars on the Boxberg, Klitten and Uhyst shores; on the north-western shore you need to make your own provisions
Useful information for this route
- Swimming beaches: In Boxberg/Upper Lusatia, Uhyst and Klitten
- Scenic views: The best views can be enjoyed from the OHR (ear) sculpture on Boxberg beach
- Public toilets: At the beaches in Boxberg/Upper Lusatia, Uhyst and Klitten
- Playgrounds: At the beaches in Boxberg/Upper Lusatia (in-line skating track) and at the campsite in Klitten
- Nearest lake loop trail: Lake Dreiweibern (8km); no direct link
- Most of the loop trail around the lake is not shaded
- The distance in kilometres is marked consistently along the loop trail, which is circular lake route no. 1
Tip: You can hire bicycles at the Sternencamp Bärwalder See campsite on the Boxberg shore. The Lake Bärwalde loop is also popular with in-line skaters due to its smooth asphalt surface.
Tour startTouristinformationszentrum Bärwalder See
Zur Strandpromenade 1
Tour endTouristinformationszentrum Bärwalder See
Zur Strandpromenade 1
Contact addressZur Strandpromenade 1
Diese Karte kann nicht von Google Maps geladen werden, da Sie in den Datenschutz- und Cookie-Einstellungen externen Inhalten nicht zugestimmt haben.