Self-guided cycle tours on the Lower Lusatia Mining Route
Legend has it that it was the devil who hid the coal from the people of Lusatia by burying it deep within the ground. As a reminder of this, he is now the symbol of the Lower Lusatia Mining Route, showing cyclists the way through the region.
The Lower Lusatia Mining Route runs for around 500 kilometres through landscapes old and new. Vantage points along the way look out across wide expanses of land and gargantuan machines in the handful of opencast mines that are still in operation. The landscapes left behind when the mining ended provide an opportunity for regeneration. Some of the mines have been made into artificial lakes that now add to the charm of the Lusatian Lakeland and ensure that it has a future.
This signposted trail runs predominantly on asphalt paths and is mostly flat. Cyclists’ needs are well catered for all along the route, with a wide choice of cyclist-friendly Bed & Bike accommodation where they can rest and refuel, ready for the next leg.
Day 1: Arrival in Senftenberg
Day 2: Senftenberg - Grossräschen (69km)
Day 3: Großräschen - Lübbenau (Spree Forest) (70km)
Day 4: Lübbenau (Spree Forest) - Cottbus (60km)
Day 5: Cottbus – Forst (Lusatia) (65km)
Day 6: Forst (Lusatia) - Spremberg (60km)
Day 7: Spremberg - Spremberg (75km)
Day 8: Spremberg - Senftenberg (67km)
Day 9: Departure or individual continuation of your visit
Day 10: Departure or opportunity to extend the tour
Alternative: shorter routes are available (price of the package will be adjusted)
- 8 nights incl. hearty breakfast at small, cyclist-friendly guesthouses or hotels
- 6 luggage transfers
- Secured parking in Senftenberg
- One infopack per room, includes: cycle map of Lusatian Lakeland, information on Lusatian Lakeland with route description, service/emergency hotline. Optional extra: GPS (route and hotels pre-programmed)
- Comprehensive arrangements for your stay
- Travel documents sent to your address
Travel period: bookable from April to October on request
Total price: for minimum of two people from €699.00 p.p. in a double room; from €989.00 p.p. in a single room
- Bike hire per day: €7.50
- E-bike hire per day: €19.00
- Extra nights and/or alterations to the itinerary can be arranged at any time upon request.
- The latest version of the General Terms and Conditions of tour operator iba-aktiv-tours applies. (German only)