The Bismarck tower in Spremberg’s town park on the Georgenberg is 20.74 metres high. Built in 1903, the lookout tower was extensively restored in 2012. The tower is made of brick with stone facing. From the two viewing platforms there is a good view of the town lying in the valley of the Spree. At the height of the lower viewing platform, a quotation from Bismarck, composed of mosaic stones, adorns the tower. The coat of arms of the Bismarck family above the entrance to the tower was made from a single block of Löbejün porphyry and shows a trefoil decorated with oak leaves. The crown is also made of Löbejün porphyry. The forged interior door with an imperial eagle was made by Hugo Richter. Inside the tower, information boards provide information about its construction and the park.
European Hiking Trail E 10 leads through the park and past the fountain, lapidarium and so-called Singer’s View.
How to get there:
The Bismarck Tower can be reached from Bahnhofstrasse via the “Himmelsleiter” steps and via Georgenstrasse (parking lot) and Kirschallee.