Length: 61 kilometres
Start/finish: Dörrwalder Mühle, Großräschen, town district Dörrwalde (coordinates 51.5846353N, 14.0571589E)
Via: Leeskow, Kunersdorf, Lubochow, Pritzen, Göritz, Reddern, Ranzow, Muckwar, Buchwäldchen, Weißag, Zwietow, Luckaitz, Schöllnitz, Neu Döbern, Altdöbern, Woschkow
Cyclists going on the full-day tour “Mill Tour” can use the new signposting system based on intersection numbers. You will go past the following intersections, if you choose Dörrwalder Mühle (intersection 53) as your start/finish point:
53 - 65 - 67 - 68 - 14 - 82 - 81 - 80 - 83 - 84 - 87 - 86 - 72 - 71 - 70 - 66 - 63 - 53
Mills along the route:
- Dörrwalder Mühle: The mill was first mentioned in the tax register of Senftenberg in 1609, and it was re-built in 1845 after a fire. In 2013, the mill was opened again as a restaurant, guest house and event location.
- Halangmühle Kunersdorf: The oldest reference to the mill can be found on a map of Schenk from 1757. Operation was given up in 1930. In 1995, the main building was refurbished for residential purposes.
- Bergmühle Kunersdorf: In the “Deckersche” map from 1820, the mill is shown under the name “Kunersdorfer Untermühle”. Owing to the fact that the mill was exposed to a constant risk of flooding, it was re-built 200 metres to the south-east in 1850, and has since been called “Bergmühle”.
- Mühle im kühlen Grund: The “Luboch” mill is located 700 metres north of Lubochow. It used to be a meal, oil and sawmill that was powered by two overshot water wheels. The earliest evidence of a miller in Lubochow is a fief document from 1568.
- Wassermühle Reddern: The water mill is located in a valley to the north-west of the village Reddern. It is mentioned in a document from 1718/19 in connection to the “water miller” Matthias Dahlitz.
- Ranzower Wassermühle: The former mill has been owned by the Petsch/Naboth families since 1725. The bed of the former mill pond is fully preserved and kept in a good condition, thanks to the owners’ commitment.
- Zwietower Bockwindmühle: The former post mill was built in 1860 and converted into an engine-powered mill in 1937. It is now used as a museum of rural everyday culture, showing small farming equipment and household items.
- Fuchsmühle Zwietow: “Fuchsmühle” was first mentioned in a document in the 15th century and it is now used as a private residence. The mill wheel no longer exists.
- Alte Mühle Zwietow: The “Old Mill” in Zwietow is a buckwheat, grain and cutting mill. The first documentary reference dates from 1403. It has been owned by the Seidel family since 1850 and was re-built following flood damage in 1876.
- Wassermühle Neudöbern: The three-storey building of the water mill was built around 1902. A new water wheel was added in 2012 and its purposes include the generation of electricity. The oldest documentary reference is from around 1860. The mill was operated until the 1960s and its technical equipment is still preserved.
Further points of interest along the route:
- Seifenhof Neu-Seeland in Kunersdorf (soap manufactory)
- Viewpoint at Altdöberner See near Pritzen
- Kunstscheune Pritzen (art barn)
- Black ceramics and pottery workshop in Gosda
- Castle and grounds in Altdöbern
- Protestant church in Altdöbern
Parking: Parking is available at the mill in Dörrwalde.
Bicycle rental: Please note that there are no bicycles for rent at the starting point in Dörrwalde. The nearest bicycle rental service is in Großräschen (about 6 kilometres away).
Maps/Literature: Radwanderkarte Lausitzer Seenland, 1:50.000, Sachsen Kartographie, ISBN 978-3-86843-021-9
AddressAm Stadthafen 2
Diese Karte kann nicht von Google Maps geladen werden, da Sie in den Datenschutz- und Cookie-Einstellungen externen Inhalten nicht zugestimmt haben.